[xcvb-devel] make test fails

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 08:40:58 UTC 2010

hi Fare,

> in case the problem persists, and to let me diagnose the issue
> remotely, can you also communicate
> 1- your source-registry configuration in ~/.config/common-lisp/ and
> /etc/common-lisp/

all those are empty, except a single pkg-installed 03-clbuild.conf with

(:directory #p"/usr/share/common-lisp/clbuild/systems/")

but i don't even have that directory, nor do i use clbuild.

on the other hand, i do have a .sbclrc which loads a non-trivial file
that, besides other things, walks my workspace and extends the source
registry with the stuff in workspace/ and workspace/global/ (a symlink
to /usr/share/common-lisp/source/).

the file in question is:
http://dwim.hu/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=HEAD%20hu.dwim.environment;a=headblob;f=/source/environment.lisp

maybe a --no-userinit is missing from sbcl? although that file would
print stuff that i don't see in the output... so, probably not.

> 2- the output of find / -name build.xcvb (or relevant subset)

alendvai at ed101:~/workspace$ find . -name build.xcvb
./rfc2388-binary/build.xcvb
./rfc2388-binary/_darcs/current/build.xcvb
./xcvb/build.xcvb
./xcvb/test/conflict/b/build.xcvb
./xcvb/test/conflict/b/invalid/build.xcvb
./xcvb/test/conflict/b2/build.xcvb
./xcvb/test/a2x/build.xcvb
./xcvb/hello/build.xcvb
./xcvb/hello/lib/build.xcvb
./xcvb/build/a2x_a2x/build.xcvb

alendvai at ed101:~/workspace/global$ find . -name build.xcvb
./cl+ssl-dev/build.xcvb
./poiu-dev/build.xcvb
./fare-utils-dev/build.xcvb
./asdf-dev/build.xcvb
./meta-dev/build.xcvb
./exscribe/build.xcvb
./fare-matcher-dev/build.xcvb
./trivial-gray-streams-dev/build.xcvb
./asdf-dependency-grovel-dev/build.xcvb
./command-line-arguments-dev/build.xcvb

> 3- your configure.mk

attached.

> 4- relevant bits of your environment - env | grep CL_SOURCE_REGISTRY

it's not defined, and i don't set env variables anywhere, not even an
SBCL_HOME (they are just a PITA when it comes having a uniform
environment on all programmer machines).

> 5- how you initially invoke the test suite

alendvai at ed101:~/workspace/xcvb$ make test 2&>/tmp/xcvb-make-test-output.txt

> 6- full output

attached using xcvb version: ".537: fix XCVB and its test Makefile's
to work well..."

as of this writing, cl-launch, asdf and xcvb are pulled to their head.

hope this helps,

--
 attila