[usocket-devel] nameserver errors on Clozure CL

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 20:32:38 UTC 2010

Hi, RME

在 2010-1-14,02:51, R. Matthew Emerson 写道:

>> Committed as r520 [1], thanks.
>
> Note that I'm not familiar with usocket---there may well be a better way.
>
> For instance, the patch doesn't set the host-or-ip slot of the condition object to the host or ip address for which the lookup failed.  (In fact, it just sets it to nil for lack of anything better).
>
> Presumably this won't be an issue since the caller already knows what remote host it tried to connect to.  One other possibility might be to handle ccl:socket-creation-error in get-host-by-address and get-hosts-by-name---that way the address or name would be lexically available to include in the ns-condition object.

Yes you're right, the WITH-MAPPED-CONDITIONS / HANDLE-CONDITION interfaces didn't leave us a chance to pass the raw host/port data instead of a created usocket object, when the conditions throwing on socket creating. Considering this won't be a big issue as you already said, I think it's better to leave it as is, until we have a better condition passing design in the future. Touching GET-HOST-BY-NAME is not a perfect design, I think, as people may use this function separately and expecting the behavior like before.

On the other side, I'm living in China, in which any hostname is resolvable: ISP is hijacking DNS query packets so that every unsolvable hostname could be redirected to a default address for holding ISP's ads.  Any way, I think I don't have any chance to test CCL's this new facility ...

--binghe