[hunchentoot-devel] hunchentoot ecl support

Geo Carncross geocar at gmail.com
Thu May 8 11:35:09 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Hans Hübner <hans at huebner.org> wrote:
> Geo,
>
>  as announced a few weeks ago, we will be moving Hunchentoot to use
>  bordeaux-threads and usocket in the near future.  I am sorry to hear
>  that you have invested in the old code base already.  If you could
>  send a patch against the branch I am working on
>  (svn://common-lisp.net/project/tbnl/svn/branches/hans), I will
>  consider incorportating them and make them part of the upcoming
>  release (a few weeks from now).

There's a bug in hunchentoot, and :hunchentoot-no-ssl doesn't work.
I've attached hunch-ssl.patch that corects the problem. I've also
uploaded it to:

http://geocar.googlepages.com/hunch-ssl.patch

I've split the backtrace into a separate patch, attached and uploaded to:

http://geocar.googlepages.com/hunch-ecl-backtrace.patch

>  If you need to hack usocket, please use the branch
>  svn://common-lisp.net/project/usocket/svn/usocket/branches/hans to do
>  so and send me patches.

ECL doesn't have some SBCL errors, and the ffi signatures are wrong.

http://geocar.googlepages.com/usocket-ecl.diff

>  I have made some performance enhancements in flexi-streams that are
>  not yet in the main release, available at
>  svn://common-lisp.net/project/flexi-streams/svn/branches/hans

They seem to work fine!

>  Sorry for the additional work.

No problem.