[hunchentoot-devel] error computing the request object

Sergio Garcia sergio.garcia at gmail.com
Thu May 8 14:37:50 UTC 2008

Hello,
Im using utf-u as the default external format in my web application (yet
another social news site). Some sites have started to add links to our site,
passing the title of their news as a GET parameter in the link. The problem
is that one of those sites is encoding the title string using iso-8859
encoding, which causes hunchentoot to return a "Your browser sent a request
that this server could not understand." and a log error that looks like
"Error when creating REQUEST object: Unexpected value #x20 in UTF-8
sequence.".

Is there a way I can catch the error so that I can either to ignore the
parameters or try to recompute the REQUEST object using iso-8859 encoding?

Thanks
Sergio