[hunchentoot-devel] Speed of binary uploads

Tayssir John Gabbour tjg at pentaside.org
Wed Jun 11 09:20:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

Does anyone have speed problems uploading big binary files to
Hunchentoot? (I just made a clean install, and it's still slow. I've
tested using both drakma:http-request and HTML forms.)

For a 60 meg file -- even on the same machine -- it takes about 90
seconds. SCP does it in 10 seconds. Here is my code:

;; Omitting handler, as it's called after the file is received in the
;; temp directory.

(defun start-webserver ()
   (stop-webserver)
   (setf *catch-errors-p* nil)
   (setf *webserver* (start-server :mod-lisp-p t :port 3004)))

(defun upload-form ()
   (cl-who:with-html-output-to-string (*standard-output*)
       (:form :action "upload"
              :enctype "multipart/form-data"
              :method :post
              "File to send"
              (:input :type :file :name "upload" :size 40)
              (:input :type :submit :value "send"))))

If no one else has this problem, I'll test further where my problem lies...

Thanks!
Tayssir