[hunchentoot-devel] Speed of binary uploads

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Jun 11 09:31:55 UTC 2008

Hi Tayssir,

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:20:06 +0200, Tayssir John Gabbour <tjg at pentaside.org> wrote:

> Does anyone have speed problems uploading big binary files to
> Hunchentoot? (I just made a clean install, and it's still slow. I've
> tested using both drakma:http-request and HTML forms.)
>
> For a 60 meg file -- even on the same machine -- it takes about 90
> seconds. SCP does it in 10 seconds. Here is my code:

Is that with the development version?  All performance-related issues
should be discussed with respect to the dev version as this is one of
the areas it is supposed to address.  See here

  http://bknr.net/trac/browser/ediware

and the recent postings to this list.  In particular, you need to
update /all/ libraries listed there to test it.

Having said that, I suspect that file uploads might not be
significantly faster than with the release version yet.  Speeding them
up will probably involve looking at and maybe replacing the RFC2388
library.  This is also on my todo list but doesn't have such a high
priority right now.

HTH,
Edi.