[tbnl-devel] Bug report: no logging with stand-alone SBCL

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Aug 3 23:23:04 UTC 2006

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:53:53 -0700, "Jason Dunsmore" <jasondunsmore at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried setting up logging in TBNL 0.9.10 with stand-alone SBCL
> 0.9.14 by setting *log-lisp-backtraces-p*, *use-apache-log*,
> *log-lisp-warnings-p*, and *log-lisp-errors-p* to T and setting
> (log-file) to "/tmp/tbnl.log", but nothing is logged in the Apache
> error log file or in /tmp/tbnl.log.  After I set
> *show-lisp-backtraces-p* to T, I am able to see the backtrace in the
> web browser, but still nothing is logged.

If you're using TBNL stand-alone, then you must set *USE-APACHE-LOG*
to NIL.  If a request comes in from a web browser, i.e. if TBNL can
determine that it doesn't come via mod_lisp, it sets the internal
value *USE-MODLISP-HEADERS* to NIL for this request.  TBNL will log to
Apache's log file if /both/ *USE-APACHE-LOG* and *USE-MODLISP-HEADERS*
are true.  It will log to the log file you've set if *USE-APACHE-LOG*
is NIL.  Otherwise it won't log at all.  See the source code for
LOG-MESSAGE.

HTH,
Edi.