Maybe another glitch

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Thu Jan 30 02:12:08 UTC 2014

Hello João,

I've been using github slime continuously for a few days and everything
I normally use seems to be working fine, but today I tried to use
multiple REPLs by loading slime-mrepl in my .emacs file, which is
available in the contrib folder. When I do M-x slime-open-listener as
the documentation indicates, I get [No match] as a response. Is there
another way to get multiple REPLs in different threads?

I was hoping to try this feature because I have a client / server app I
want to test by running the server from one REPL and the client from the
second REPL, but I can't do it in slime without slime-mrepl working.

Also, as I was scouring the slime html documentation looking for clues
about multiple REPLs I noticed several sections where the text was
single-columned, which didn't look very readable. The sections I noticed
where this occurred were:
2.5.2 Multiple Lisps.
3.1.4 Key bindings
3.2 Evaluation commands
3.3 Compilation commands
.
.
.
Seems to continue on this way...
I create the html file by using 'make slime.html' in the slime/doc
folder and this is what it produces.

Thanks,

Paul Bowyer