Maybe another glitch

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Fri Jan 31 00:18:51 UTC 2014

On 01/30/2014 01:41 PM, João Távora wrote:
> Paul Bowyer <pbowyer at olynet.com> writes:
>
>> I've been using github slime continuously for a few days and
>> everything I normally use seems to be working fine, but today I tried
>> to use multiple REPLs by loading slime-mrepl in my .emacs file, which
>> is available in the contrib folder. When I do M-x slime-open-listener
> Hmmm, the actual command appears to be `slime-new-mrepl'. Have you tried
> that? I have and it opens a new repl (though apparently a limited one).
That actually works. I'll give it a try to see if I can use it the way I
want,

> Anyway, the documentation does need to be updated, but I don't know
> enough of the mrepl contrib right now to do it. I guess I could at least
> fix that entry point tip though.
The way to invoke it is documented in slime-mrepl also, which probably
should be corrected.

>> Also, as I was scouring the slime html documentation looking for clues
>> about multiple REPLs I noticed several sections where the text was
>> single-columned, which didn't look very readable. The sections I
>> noticed where this occurred were:
>> 2.5.2 Multiple Lisps.
>> 3.1.4 Key bindings
>> 3.2 Evaluation commands
>> 3.3 Compilation commands
> I don't see these glitches. Maybe the version of the programs you used
> to make the documentation have glitches. I'm using the latest slime and
> a fairly up-to-date debian wheezy.
I use texi2html to make the documentation. Maybe I need to do something
different.

> João

Thanks for checking this out. I'll see what I can do with the
documentation build.

Paul Bowyer