Two test errors in latest slime from github

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Sun Feb 23 17:19:44 UTC 2014

On 02/22/2014 01:34 PM, Helmut Eller wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 22 2014, Paul Bowyer wrote:
>
>> I tried again with CCL to run the the tests, but it stopped at the
>> same place and never returned. I finally had to close the konsole
>> window to stop the test.
> CCL doesn't detect cycles for this example:
>
> (let ((*print-pretty* t)
>        (*print-circle* t))
>    (princ-to-string
>     (make-condition
>      'simple-error
>      :format-control "~a"
>      :format-arguments (list (let ((x (cons nil nil)))
>                                (setf (cdr x) x))))))
>
> is that a CCL bug or is this example not covered by the spec?
>
> Helmut

Hello Helmut,

I didn't really fully understand this example or the question because I
have only just recently begun to look at elisp, which I understand is
the language in which the test suite is written. What spec are you
referring to?

I did find the following in the CCL documentation if that has any bearing:
9.3. Limitations and known bugs

Clozure CL and the external process may get confused about who owns
which streams when input, output, or error are specified as T and wait
is specified as NIL.

External processes that need to talk to a terminal device may not work
properly; the environment (SLIME, ILISP) under which Clozure CL is run
can affect this.

Paul Bowyer