Two test errors in latest slime from github

Helmut Eller eller.helmut at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 18:00:12 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 23 2014, Paul Bowyer wrote:

>> CCL doesn't detect cycles for this example:
>>
>> (let ((*print-pretty* t)
>>        (*print-circle* t))
>>    (princ-to-string
>>     (make-condition
>>      'simple-error
>>      :format-control "~a"
>>      :format-arguments (list (let ((x (cons nil nil)))
>>                                (setf (cdr x) x))))))
>>
>> is that a CCL bug or is this example not covered by the spec?
>>
>> Helmut
>>
> Hello Helmut,
>
> I didn't really fully understand this example or the question because
> I have only just recently begun to look at elisp, which I understand
> is the language in which the test suite is written. What spec are you
> referring to?

The example is Common Lisp and the spec I meant is the Common Lisp spec.
The report-condition-with-circular-list test executes similar code on
the Lisp side.  If you run the example in CCL without SLIME it will end
up in some out-of-memory condition.  Obviously CCL doesn't detect the
cycle, and the question was whether CCL has a bug (ansi-compliance)
given that *print-circle* is t.

But it doesn't matter now as SLIME passes this test now.

Helmut