Quesstion about Alt-. navigation to function definitions

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at jkcunningham.com
Wed Oct 30 16:24:14 UTC 2013

On 10/30/2013 01:24 AM, Christophe Rhodes wrote:
> Jeff Cunningham <jeffrey at jkcunningham.com> writes:
>
>> That was a typo - all of them are (in-package :ftis-v43), I just
>> checked. Currently, if I start a fresh sbcl under slime the only
>> functions I can navigate to with Alt-. are system functions (format,
>> for example). Any packages I am loading via quicklisp or of my own
>> result in:
>>
>> Error: end of file on #<SB-IMPL::STRING-INPUT-STREAM {10070EBBB3}>
>>
>> When I load packages creates and/or loads a fasl under
>> ~/.cache/common-lisp/<sbcl version>/.. I would have thought that would
>> be how it would navigate, but in my case not.
>>
>> I can open any source file, compile a LOCAL fasl with C-c k and then
>> those functions can be navigated into. It used to work on
>> anything. And I haven't changed my .sbclrc in years (except to add the
>> suggestion yesterday). Here it is:
> Well, I just did a quick test and I don't see this problem, though
> inevitably my setup does not mirror yours terribly well.
>
> On the assumption that you have cl-ppcre relatively easily to hand, what
> does
>    (describe 'cl-ppcre:regex-apropos)
> say after you have loaded cl-ppcre through quicklisp?  (If you don't
> have cl-ppcre, substitute your favourite simple "utility")
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christophe
Here's what it says:

FTIS-V43> (describe 'cl-ppcre:regex-apropos)
CL-PPCRE:REGEX-APROPOS
   [symbol]

REGEX-APROPOS names a compiled function:
   Lambda-list: (REGEX &OPTIONAL PACKAGES &KEY (CASE-INSENSITIVE T))
   Derived type: (FUNCTION (T &OPTIONAL T &KEY (:CASE-INSENSITIVE T))
                  (VALUES &OPTIONAL))
   Documentation:
     Similar to the standard function APROPOS but returns a list of all
     symbols which match the regular expression REGEX.  If CASE-INSENSITIVE
     is true and REGEX isn't already a scanner, a case-insensitive scanner
     is used.
   Source file: /home/jcunningham/qigj/test-model.lisp
; No value

Thanks,
Jeff