Controlling fasl location

Max Mikhanosha max at openchat.com
Mon Jun 17 22:57:53 UTC 2013

At Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:52:36 -0700,
Paul Bowyer wrote:

> Hello Max,
>
> I tried the code in *inferior-lisp* and it produced this function
> #<FUNCTION (LAMBDA (PATH OPTIONS)) {100657C57B}>
>
> I then tried compiling/loading a file, but the fasl still goes in my
> source directory.

Well, I have no idea how its possible, how old is your Slime? I suggest
trying slime from CVS first.. It seems symbol is there, but its not being
called.

If that fails to work, then I'm all out of ideas. It seems to work fine for
Ben Hyde.

> I tried placing the code in ~/.swank.lisp, started emacs/slime,
> compiled/loaded a file, and still the fasl ends up in my source directory.
>
> Is there some glue code that connect this function to compile-file in
> slime that might be missing?
>
> By the way, when you email me, I get two messages per mailing.

My email program automatically does To <person> and Cc: Slime-devel, the usual
scenario is that mailing list software is smart enough not to duplicate such emails
to the person mentioned in tho To: field, but new common-lisp.net does not seem
to do it.

I removed you from To: and this email simply goes to Cc: slime-devel

Regards,
 Max