Controlling fasl location

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Tue Jun 18 00:10:18 UTC 2013

Hello Max,

I tried the code than Ben Hyde published and that worked. It took some
testing before I discovered that was working though.

As I played around with Ben's code, I came to the realization that your
code was working also. I just didn't give it enough testing to see.

I have this one lisp file that I use to build the project that I was
working on, and the fasl always showed up in my source directory, but
that file is the one that calls asdf and it's not in the asdf system
file so it never shows up in the asdf fasl location. So I thought your
code wasn't working, but when I did compile/load with other code, your
code worked fine.

I've commented out Ben's code in ~/.emacs and I have your code in
~/.slime.lisp and it appears to be working fine.

My apologies Max, for thinking your code wasn't working.

I put much of the above in a message to Ben Hyde, which I CCd you on, so
You'll see this again when that mail gets to you.

Sincerely,

Paul Bowyer
//