[slime-devel] Indentation question

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 01:32:06 UTC 2011

    Nikodemus> The question isn't how to do this for myself -- I can
    Nikodemus> put

    Nikodemus> (setf (get ':bar 'common-lisp-indent-function) '1)
    Nikodemus> (setf (get ':zot 'common-lisp-indent-function) '1)
    Nikodemus> (setf (get ':default 'common-lisp-indent-function) '0)
    Nikodemus> (setf (get ':error 'common-lisp-indent-function) '0)

    Nikodemus> in my .emacs. The question is how to make it
    Nikodemus> automatically right for everyone. If I write a library
    Nikodemus> that provides a DEFFOO like this, I would like it to be
    Nikodemus> correctly indented for all Slime users.

Isn't the emacs answer to this is to use the file local variables at
the end of the file to set set this the way you want?  Then every one
editing the file will get the indentation that you want, if he
chooses to accept the settings in the file local variables.

I used to do this at work to get the C indentation style set correctly
for our C code.

Ray