[slime-devel] slime-compile-defun in a package with ccl not work as sbcl

Darren Hoo darren.hoo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 22:08:13 UTC 2011

Greetings,

C-c C-c ie slime-compile-defun on a function with ccl
will always define or redefine the function in the package
CL-USER regardless of which package the repl is currently
in, while with sbcl slime-compile-defun will change the
function in the package that the repl is currently in
which is pretty much what I want.

let me put this another way, with ccl whenever I change the
current package of the repl to my own package instead of
CL-USER then evalute the value of *package* by hitting
C-x C-e in a lisp buffer connected to ccl will always give
me the value #<Package "COMMON-LISP-USER">

Could swank-ccl be configured or tuned to behave like what
swank-sbcl does?

Thanks,
Darren.