[slime-devel] sbcl and cross references

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Sat Jan 15 07:45:20 UTC 2011

* Ian Tegebo [2011-01-15 05:30] writes:

> Are cross references supposed to work with sbcl?  Specifically, should
> slime-list-callees work or is a "not implemented" message expected?

Yes, it's supposed to work.  There are two kinds of commands:

1) who-calls, who-binds etc. use the index built by the compiler.  You
   have to set some options (which I don't know, but I'm sure it's
   documented in the SBCL manual) to built the index.

2) list-callers and list-callees work by scanning the heap for function
   objects.  This works without special compiler switches, but it's less
   precise.

How you get the "not implemented" message is bit a mystery to me.  Most
of those function are (no longer) implemented in swank-sbcl but are now
maintained by the SBCL team in the sb-introspect package.

Helmut