[slime-devel] newbie question

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Jan 8 09:11:20 UTC 2010

On 1/5/10 1:58 AM, brian wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am not a lisp/emacs person. I am running emacs 23 in cygwin in winxp.
> I installed elpa. It more or less works. For instance when I do 'm-X
> package-list-packages'  the various packages are listed. I know to use
> 'I' then 'x'
> to intstantiate them. For example, the 'bubbles' game package I can run
> m-X bubbles and some other packages fine.
>
> Slime is listed there as installed, and slime.el is listed under my
> emacs.d directory, but when I 'm-X slime ', reply  "no match"

You should contact the maintainers(s) of elpa who packaged SLIME as this
mailing list (usually) only supports the installation/running of SLIME
directly from CVS HEAD.

If you are looking for a completely packaged FOSS Emacs+SLIME+Lisp
solution, you might try [Lispbox][1],

[1]: http://www.gigamonkeys.com/lispbox/lispbox.html

is nothing to compare to it now."