[slime-devel] newbie question

brian brw314 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 00:58:58 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am not a lisp/emacs person. I am running emacs 23 in cygwin in winxp.
I installed elpa. It more or less works. For instance when I do 'm-X
package-list-packages'  the various packages are listed. I know to use
'I' then 'x'
to intstantiate them. For example, the 'bubbles' game package I can run
m-X bubbles and some other packages fine.

Slime is listed there as installed, and slime.el is listed under my
emacs.d directory, but when I 'm-X slime ', reply  "no match"

Thanks
Brian