[slime-devel] broken clojure REPL

Stefan Kamphausen skampi at gmx.net
Sun Nov 15 12:32:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've been bitten by the same a few days ago.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:08:21 +0100
> Von: "Tobias C. Rittweiler" <tcr at freebits.de>
> An: slime-devel at common-lisp.net
> Betreff: Re: [slime-devel] broken clojure REPL

> Cyrus Harmon <ch-slime at bobobeach.com> writes:
>
> > FWIW, the following patch broke the clojure REPL (*inferior-lisp*
> > still works, but not the fancy REPL):
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > the symptom is the following:
> >
> > ; SLIME 2009-10-31
> > user> 3
> > 3 (+ 3 4)
> >
> > at which point it just hangs... nothing (helpful) in *messages* or
> > *inferior-lisp*. Reverting to the previous commit fixes the
> > problem. It's really nice to be able to use git to quickly bisect the
> > history to find the offending commit. Not so nice when that commit is
> >>2k lines :(
> >
> > TCR, any ideas?
>
> I'm sorry I don't know. I thought the Clojure people forked Slime, and
> presumably would reintegrate upstream changes as their time allows.

I ask myself, how many Clojure users are reading this list and are using Slime from CVS?  Maybe enough to consider integrating official support for Clojure?

> But
> you seem to be bitten by updating your CVS checkout.
>
> Does the clojure stuff provide an implementation of the necessary
> backend for autodoc? If so, the API changed. If not, do not use the
> slime-autodoc contrib with clojure.
>
> What are the last rpc expressions in *slime-events*?

(:emacs-rex
 (swank:connection-info)
 "COMMON-LISP-USER" t 1)
(:indentation-update
 (("binding-map" . 1)
  ("with-pretty-writer" . 1)
  ("with-pprint-dispatch" . 1)
  ("dothread-keeping-clj" . 1)
  ("dothread-keeping" . 1)
  ("dothread" . 0)
  ("with-connection" . 1)
  ("with-bindings" . 0)
  ("with-emacs-package" . 0)
  ("dothread-swank" . 0)
  ("with-package-tracking" . 0)
  ("doseq" . 1)
  ("letfn" . 1)
  ("cond" . 0)
  ("with-open" . 1)
  ("sync" . 1)
  ("let" . 1)
  ("dotimes" . 1)
  ("with-in-str" . 1)
  ("loop" . 1)
  ...))
(:return
 (:ok
  (:pid "506" :style :spawn :lisp-implementation
	(:type "clojure" :name "clojure")
	:package
	(:name "user" :prompt "user")
	:version "2009-11-05"))
 1)
(:emacs-rex
 (swank:swank-require
  '(:swank-package-fu :swank-fuzzy :swank-fancy-inspector :swank-arglists))
 "COMMON-LISP-USER" t 2)
(:emacs-rex
 (swank:swank-require :swank-presentations)
 "COMMON-LISP-USER" t 3)
(:emacs-rex
 (swank:create-repl nil)
 "COMMON-LISP-USER" t 4)
(:return
 (:ok
  ("user" "user"))
 4)
(:return
 (:ok nil)
 3)
(:indentation-update
 (("with-timeout" . 1)))
(:return
 (:ok nil)
 2)
(:emacs-rex
 (swank:listener-eval "3\n")
 "user" :repl-thread 5)
(:write-string "3\n" :repl-result)
(:return
 (:ok nil)
 5)
(:emacs-rex
 (swank:arglist-for-echo-area
  '("+" "" swank::%cursor-marker%)
  :print-right-margin 1000 :print-lines 1)
 "user" :repl-thread 6)
(:emacs-rex
 (swank:arglist-for-echo-area
  '("+" "3" "4" swank::%cursor-marker%)
  :print-right-margin 1000 :print-lines 1)
 "user" :repl-thread 7)
(:emacs-rex
 (swank:listener-eval "(+ 3 4)\n")
 "user" :repl-thread 8)