[slime-devel] broken clojure REPL

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sun Nov 15 09:08:21 UTC 2009

Cyrus Harmon <ch-slime at bobobeach.com> writes:

> FWIW, the following patch broke the clojure REPL (*inferior-lisp*
> still works, but not the fancy REPL):
>
> commit addc5be70a489cdc8ed555a2fed7273040da196e Author: Tobias
> C. Rittweiler <trittweiler at common-lisp.net> Date: Sat Oct 31 22:13:55
> 2009 +0000
>
>         * slime.el (slime-inside-string-p, slime-inside-comment-p)
> (slime-inside-string-or-comment-p): New.
>
>         * swank-match.lisp: New file. Contains very simple pattern
> matcher from the CMU AI archive.
>
>         * swank-loader.lisp: Compile swank-match.lisp.
>
>         * swank.lisp: Make SWANK package use new SWANK-MATCH package.
>
>         * slime-autodoc.el, swank-arglists.lisp: Large parts were
> rewritten. Autodoc is now able to highlight &key parameters, and
> parameters in nested arglists.
>
>         * slime-parse.el, slime-c-p-c.el, slime-highlighting-edits.el:
> Adapted to changes.
>
> the symptom is the following:
>
> ; SLIME 2009-10-31
> user> 3
> 3 (+ 3 4)
>
> at which point it just hangs... nothing (helpful) in *messages* or
> *inferior-lisp*. Reverting to the previous commit fixes the
> problem. It's really nice to be able to use git to quickly bisect the
> history to find the offending commit. Not so nice when that commit is
>>2k lines :(
>
> TCR, any ideas?

I'm sorry I don't know. I thought the Clojure people forked Slime, and
presumably would reintegrate upstream changes as their time allows. But
you seem to be bitten by updating your CVS checkout.

Does the clojure stuff provide an implementation of the necessary
backend for autodoc? If so, the API changed. If not, do not use the
slime-autodoc contrib with clojure.

What are the last rpc expressions in *slime-events*?

  -T.