[slime-devel] Indentation of WITH-SLOTS and WITH-ACCESSORS

Daniel White daniel at whitehouse.id.au
Thu May 28 23:19:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, 28 May 2009 17:54:23 +0200
"Tobias C. Rittweiler" <tcr at freebits.de> wrote:

> Daniel White <daniel at whitehouse.id.au> writes:
>
> [snip...]
> > However, the Hyperspec and a number of other books seem to suggest that
> > the instance argument lines up with the parameters.
> >
> > (with-slots (x y z)
> >             object
> >   (list x y z))
> >
> > (with-accessors (x y z)
> >                 object
> >   (list x y z))
> >
> > I've attached a patch that will format these forms like the second
> > example.
>
> Except for the argument from authority, do you actually like that? It
> gives away precious screen space for no reason.

I prefer it personally, but don't really mind either way, especially
given the similar semantics.  Googling the issue never came up with
some discussions so I thought I'd throw it out there.

> (Notice that your patch addresses the slime-indentation contrib
> only. That contrib is not widely used. It does not change the way Emacs
> indent these (or similiar) forms by default. It also does not address
> that Slime does some indentation magic based on a macro's lambda list.)

So what are people using for indentation these days?  Everything seems
to have inconsistencies.  I was using cl-indent-patches until recently
because a few things weren't working well, but I'm just having different
inconsistencies with slime-indentation.

--
Daniel White