[slime-devel] Indentation of WITH-SLOTS and WITH-ACCESSORS

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Thu May 28 15:54:23 UTC 2009

Daniel White <daniel at whitehouse.id.au> writes:

> The current behaviour of slime-indentation is to indent them like
> MULTIPLE-VALUE-BIND.
>
> (with-slots (x y z)
>     object
>   (list x y z))
>
> (with-accessors (x y z)
>     object
>   (list x y z))
>
> However, the Hyperspec and a number of other books seem to suggest that
> the instance argument lines up with the parameters.
>
> (with-slots (x y z)
>             object
>   (list x y z))
>
> (with-accessors (x y z)
>                 object
>   (list x y z))
>
> I've attached a patch that will format these forms like the second
> example.

Except for the argument from authority, do you actually like that? It
gives away precious screen space for no reason.

(Notice that your patch addresses the slime-indentation contrib
only. That contrib is not widely used. It does not change the way Emacs
indent these (or similiar) forms by default. It also does not address
that Slime does some indentation magic based on a macro's lambda list.)

  -T.