[slime-devel] Slime bug in fontification and reader conditionals

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 22:58:32 UTC 2009

Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:
> Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'm attaching the message for a slime internal bug.  I think the issue
>> is that slime doesn't recognize reader conditionals like #+:executable.
>>  In fact, changing slime-reader-conditionals-regexp to (regexp-opt
>> '("#+" "#-" "#!+" "#!-" "#+:" "#-:"))) fixes this issue.  But perhaps
>> the bug is in slime-search-suppressed-forms?  Changing #+:executable to
>> #+executable (and #-: to #-) makes slime handle the file.
>>
>> The file I was looking at was src/code/save.lisp from cmucl.
>
> There's no such problem with GNU Emacs 23. Others repeatedly reported
> problems with XEmacs, so I just tried it, and I can confirm it.
>
> The reason is that font-lock of XEmacs does not seem to provide a way to
> extend the region that's currently being fontified. I think we could
> kludge that in manually. Perhaps I'll do it when I'll find the time.

Yes, sorry for the noise.  I found out late yesterday that the problem
was the font-lock region was not large enough for the end of the
conditional.

XEmacs allows using a replacement function for font-lock (I use
lazy-shot).  Perhaps slime can hook into that by defining its own
function that extends the region and calling the underlying font-lock
function?  I'll try to look into this...

Ray