[slime-devel] Slime bug in fontification and reader conditionals

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Fri Aug 21 06:11:46 UTC 2009

Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> writes:

> XEmacs allows using a replacement function for font-lock (I use
> lazy-shot).  Perhaps slime can hook into that by defining its own
> function that extends the region and calling the underlying font-lock
> function?  I'll try to look into this...

I'd probably write a wrapper around `slime-search-suppressed-forms' which
first calls `slime-extend-region-for-font-lock', and then moves point to
the beginning of that region, and calls `slime-search-suppressed-forms'
with the end as the limit.

I'd hope that won't cause any problems, just be less efficient (it may
do work twice, or thrice); so better take a glance at the font-lock
sources first.

  -T.