[slime-devel] Slime bug in fontification and reader conditionals

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Thu Aug 20 12:32:17 UTC 2009

Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm attaching the message for a slime internal bug.  I think the issue
> is that slime doesn't recognize reader conditionals like #+:executable.
>  In fact, changing slime-reader-conditionals-regexp to (regexp-opt
> '("#+" "#-" "#!+" "#!-" "#+:" "#-:"))) fixes this issue.  But perhaps
> the bug is in slime-search-suppressed-forms?  Changing #+:executable to
> #+executable (and #-: to #-) makes slime handle the file.
>
> The file I was looking at was src/code/save.lisp from cmucl.

There's no such problem with GNU Emacs 23. Others repeatedly reported
problems with XEmacs, so I just tried it, and I can confirm it.

The reason is that font-lock of XEmacs does not seem to provide a way to
extend the region that's currently being fontified. I think we could
kludge that in manually. Perhaps I'll do it when I'll find the time.

  -T.