[slime-devel] swank loading broken?

Ralf Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Tue Feb 19 13:34:03 UTC 2008

Hello lsit,

after a CVS checkout slime stopped to work. Diggin' into the problem
i founds the following:

 * (load "swank-loader.lisp"  :verbose T)

STYLE-WARNING: redefining LISP-VERSION-STRING in DEFUN
STYLE-WARNING: redefining FILE-NEWER-P in DEFUN
STYLE-WARNING: redefining SLIME-VERSION-STRING in DEFUN
STYLE-WARNING: redefining BINARY-PATHNAME in DEFUN
STYLE-WARNING: redefining HANDLE-LOADTIME-ERROR in DEFUN
STYLE-WARNING: redefining LOAD-USER-INIT-FILE in DEFUN
STYLE-WARNING: redefining LOAD-SITE-INIT-FILE in DEFUN
STYLE-WARNING: redefining APPEND-DIR in DEFUN
STYLE-WARNING: redefining LOAD-SWANK in DEFUN
* (swank-loader:init)

debugger invoked on a UNDEFINED-FUNCTION in thread #<THREAD "initial thread" {AE61689}>:
  The function SWANK::SETUP is undefined.

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(SB-KERNEL:%COERCE-CALLABLE-TO-FUN SWANK::SETUP)
0] 0

 Any idea what's going on? My sank.lisp does indeed not contain a setup
 fuction. CVS blames "heller" (Helmut Eller, I assume) for the changes in
 version 1.78.

   Cheers Ralf Mattes