[slime-devel] Slime not loading under SBCL?

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sat Apr 19 11:17:36 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Andrew Jones-Gonzales
<dj.haruko at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Poking around the source files I see SPAWN implemented, but am not
>  sure if SBCL just isn't finding it or what.  I'm using the most recent
>  SBCL available in Ubuntu's repositories (1.0.6) with Emacs 22.1.1.  I
>  just checked out Slime from CVS after uninstalling the Slime package
>  for Ubuntu (I grabbed the CVS version to see if the connection issue
>  I'm having is with S-XML-RPC or Slime).  Any ideas?

At a guess the Ubuntu SBCL has swank preloaded, which causes trouble.
You (or Ubuntu) also seem to have specified communication style :SPAWN
somewhere, but apparently the SBCL you have is not built with threads.

Using upstream SBCL should fix this -- or both Ubuntu Slime and SBCL.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus