[slime-devel] Slime not loading under SBCL?

Andrew Jones-Gonzales dj.haruko at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 07:17:11 UTC 2008

Hi,

When I go to load Slime from within Emacs I get the following error in
*inferior-lisp*:

WARNING: Not reloading SWANK.  Package already exists.
;; Swank started at port: 35903.

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "initial thread"
{A8066A9}>:
  SWANK-BACKEND:SPAWN not implementated

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(SWANK-BACKEND:SPAWN #<CLOSURE (LAMBDA #) {A9BA30D}>)
0]

Poking around the source files I see SPAWN implemented, but am not
sure if SBCL just isn't finding it or what.  I'm using the most recent
SBCL available in Ubuntu's repositories (1.0.6) with Emacs 22.1.1.  I
just checked out Slime from CVS after uninstalling the Slime package
for Ubuntu (I grabbed the CVS version to see if the connection issue
I'm having is with S-XML-RPC or Slime).  Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Andrew

--
Andrew Jones-Gonzales