[slime-devel] Re: send-repl-results-to-emacs and slime-repl-insert-result.

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Wed Jun 20 01:34:19 UTC 2007

* "Vladimir Sedach" <c07e645b0706191317x5cf3d423xa44d38407cdc2af8 at XXX> :

| Hmm, I don't think my patch should have affected REPL printing at all.
| Do you mean to say that you are using my modification to listener-eval
| in swank.lisp to replace the :write-string based
| send-repl-results-to-emacs code?
| As far as the interaction protocol goes, I agree that it does need to
| be cleaned up. Obviously there are big problems with code rot if no
| one noticed that the old REPL printing code was still there and
| totally not being used.

I didn't meant to imply your patch affected repl printing! I just
wanted to note that I've been testing out your patch, and noticed that
it removed some older code which used to do repl printing, and that
the behaviour of the repl printing code which had superseded the older
code was still `flawed'
--
Regards
Madhu

| PS - Madhu, I tried sending this reply directly to you, but your mail
| server blacklists gmail.com. I think you may want to fix that.
This is a personal setting, my apologies for the inconvenience this
causes. please excuse this.