[slime-devel] PATCH: Re: send-repl-results-to-emacs and slime-repl-insert-result.

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 01:10:38 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've made the attached patch to address the issues I brought up in the
earlier topic. However, now the results of REPL interactions are sent
back twice: once as :write-string (one per value), and the other as an
:ok for a :return in response to :emacs-rex. Something tells me that
:write-string is a sort of bad idea and things should be done more
declaratively (values in the :return can be annotated with their
presentation ids and the actual buffer writing could be done in
slime.el?), but that's a big change and besides I don't have write
access to the slime cvs anymore. If whoever is responsible can ask the
c-l.net admin to give me the necessary permissions, I can take a shot
at it over the weekend.

Thanks,
Vladimir