[slime-devel] Re: [Fwd: Re: Re: slime.el `slime-expand-abbreviations-and-complete']

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Mon Jan 22 01:56:12 UTC 2007

* Juho Snellman <slrner8166.fcm.jsnell at localhost.localdomain> :

| I'm rather confused. The behaviour of moving the point to the end of
| the word, rather than to the end of the unambiguous prefix, has been
| driving me up the wall, and I was just about to reopen the previous
| thread on the subject.

This surprises me. How do people use this function? if you type a
minimum number of characters and try to complete, the bug in the
original unambiguous prefix code that I tried to demonstrate in that
thread exposes itself rather clearly.

Also, who is responsible for that original code?

| These messages seem to be implying that Edi has already checked in a
| fix for this bug, but I don't see any mention of it in the ChangeLog,
| and it's still broken for me with Slime 2007-01-20. Am I missing
| something?

From a checkout of a few weeks ago, the "bug" was put back, there was
no Changelog entry, but I noticed the original buggy behaviour was
back. . You can grep for "unambiguous" in slime.el to find if your
sources are upto date

--
Regards
Madhu