[slime-devel] Appeal from luserland

Timofei Shatrov grue at mail.ru
Thu Feb 22 10:42:36 UTC 2007

Thursday, February 22, 2007, 2:49:28 AM, Fred Gilham wrote:

FG> As a long time Slime fan, I am wondering if it would be possible to get
FG> the slime developers to start making releases?  Right now the operating
FG> model seems to be to grab the head of CVS and go with that, but I'm
FG> never sure if such grabbing will create problems for me.  Even more,
FG> slime is now a component of McCLIM and (I think) other software packages
FG> that I've been using.  It would be nice if people could say, "McCLIM
FG> requires Slime 4.7".

Totally agree! I'm still stuck with Slime 2.0, but I would upgrade
ASAP when the new version is released. The reason is that the
upgrading procedure takes some time, and I don't want to do it every
day, for example, just to fix a small bug. But a new version is
usually a good motivation to upgrade.

--
Best regards,
 Timofei Shatrov                    mailto:grue at mail.ru