_[slime-devel]_Can't_install_slime_due_to_variable_depth_errors-_how_to_debug??=

public at raburgess.com public at raburgess.com
Sat Feb 17 16:25:58 UTC 2007

Harald Hanche-Olson wrote:
> Try to set debug-on-error to t (M-x set-variable RET
> debug-on-error RET t RET). When the error occurs, you
> should get dumped in the emacs lisp debugger.

I have already tried this and I do not get dumped into the debugger!
That's what I meant when I said I don't know how to get a trace. I've
used the debugger in other circumstances w/ set-debug-on-error, so I
don't know why it's not getting triggered now - but it isn't.

Does this effectively leave me without a hope of solving this problem?