[slime-devel] Re: I need a direct replacement for 'slime-close-parens-at-point

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Mon Aug 27 19:25:58 UTC 2007

Frank Goenninger <frgo at mac.com> writes:

> As slime-close-parens-at-point is now deprecated I am in search for a
> direct replacement. I had that function bound to ")" so the exact
> number of right parentheses got inserted at point.

Removing it was a mistake by me. (Sorry!) Some older REPL changes
rendered it malfunctioning on the REPL, and I mistakenly thought
`slime-close-all-parens-in-sexp' would do exactly the same, so I threw
it out.

I haven't had time to look at this issue again, so I haven't resurrected
it so far.

The function is still in the source base, just commented out. You can
simply put the source into your .emacs for now.

  -T.