[slime-devel] Re: I need a direct replacement for 'slime-close-parens-at-point

Frank Goenninger frgo at mac.com
Mon Aug 27 19:38:14 UTC 2007

Hi Tobias

thanks for coming back quickly. I tried to resurrect it by un-
commenting it - no luck:

"Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil"

As the definition is

(defun slime-close-parens-at-point ()
   "Close parenthesis at point to complete the top-level-form.  Simply
inserts ')' characters at point until `beginning-of-defun' and
`end-of-defun' execute without errors, or `slime-close-parens-limit'
is exceeded."
   (interactive)
   (loop for i from 1 to slime-close-parens-limit
         until (save-excursion
                 (slime-beginning-of-defun)
                 (ignore-errors (slime-end-of-defun) t))
         do (insert ")")))

I guess (wild guessing here, really) it's slime-close-parens-limit
that is not set... or?

Thanks again for helping me out... Or are there other alternatives
using paredit.el and/or slime functionality?

Cheers
    Frank