[slime-devel] Re: contrib branch

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Mon Aug 20 21:17:50 UTC 2007

* Tobias C. Rittweiler [2007-08-20 20:13+0200] writes:

> I haven't had a chance to look at it, but I'd favor a smoother
> migration than just throwing fuzzy completion out completely.  Like
> binding `slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol' to something that emits a
> warning, and autoloads the fuzzy completion code.  The warning
> should advise the user that fuzzy completion is going to become
> optional and has to be loaded explicitely.

I think a message to the mailing list is warning enough.  Or are you
saying that the fuzzy completion code should stay in the core?
Or are you criticizing the idea of splitting Slime into core and
contrib?

We haven't yet much feedback about the "smoothness" of the migration.
I have the impression that Kilian Sprotte (he "looked at it") found
the transition quite acceptable.

Helmut