[slime-devel] setup

Jason Thompson jat at northwestern.edu
Wed Oct 18 17:01:49 UTC 2006

Having used Peter Seibel's LispBox, I finally
decided to consolidate my programming environment
and use Slime under my primary Emacs. I'm
using Clisp 2.41 on a Windows XP machine
and followed instructions on Bill Clementson's
blog for the setup. However, when I attempt to
start Slime with M-x slime, I get the error:
Spawning child process: invalid argument.
Is the problem obvious to anyone?

if i try M-x slime-connect RET RET RET,
the connection is refused.

.emacs is as follows:
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/jat/site/slime")
(require 'slime)
(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (slime-mode t)))
(add-hook 'inferior-lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (inferior-slime-mode t)))
;; Optionally, specify the lisp program you are using. Default is "lisp"
(setq inferior-lisp-program "clisp")

.slime.lisp is just:
(load "C:/jat/site/slime/swank-loader.lisp")
(swank::create-swank-server 4005)