[slime-devel] macroexpand window

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 13:32:09 UTC 2006

> 1. In emacs, let's say I have two open windows in the same frame. The
>    first is the REPL and the second some lisp file. When I macroexpand
>    an expression with C-c RET, say from the REPL, the result of the
>    macroexpansion appears in the window with the lisp file. Up to...

i've fixed it to handle these situations better. hopefully the version at

darcs get --partial http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cl-wdim/darcs/slime/

will satisfy all requirements. not tested it throughly yet, but it
seems to handle well all the cases i could think of: always closes the
temp buffer window if it was opened by temp buffer activation and the
window config haven't changed since then.

these will eventually reach the official repo when i squeeze the time
to send cvs diffs and someone applies them.

> 2. I recently read in this list about some fuzzy completion patches. I
>    thought that those just added new behaviour and I could use the old
>    behaviour. But either I got a false impression or I cannot find the
>    correct settings. Again, how can I revert to the old behaviour?

when slime-fuzzy-completion-in-place is nil (the default in the
official cvs) then the fuzzy stuff should behave mostly like before.
but we use it with slime-fuzzy-completion-in-place enabled.

we did our best to make the gui more user friendly, but
user-friendlyness is a subjective thing. what specifically do you find
annoying (other then the unavoidable (hopefully) short-time annoyance
coming from any change in the behaviour)?

hth,

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)