[slime-devel] Daily ChangeLog diff

Matthias Koeppe mkoeppe+slime at mail.math.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Nov 6 13:07:28 UTC 2006

"Attila Lendvai" <attila.lendvai at gmail.com> writes:

>> +2006-11-05  Helmut Eller  <heller at common-lisp.net>
>> +
>> +       * slime.el (sldb-sexp-highlight-mode): Remove bloat.
>
> iow, removing a feature i've recently added.

Please don't be upset.

We do appreciate your work on improving SLIME.

> anyways, i'll set up a darcs repo at
> common-lisp.net/project/cl-wdim/darcs. feel free to pull whatever
> you would like to have in the official.

However, this is not how it works.

If you are interested in getting your improvements into SLIME, it
would help to send patches that do *one* improvement at a time and to
explain what they do.

For instance, your sldb-sexp-highlight-mode came in, without an
explanation of the proposed feature, with a patch apparently related
to fuzzy completion.  This is not a good strategy: For instance, I
have committed patches from the mailing list in the past, but I will
not touch code that seems to be related to the fuzzy completion --
because I don't use that myself.

Cheers,
--
Matthias Koeppe -- http://www.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~mkoeppe