[slime-devel] How to inspect locals

Alexey Dejneka adejneka at tochka.ru
Wed Mar 8 18:26:05 UTC 2006

Hello,

Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 05:11:51PM +0100, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
> : + Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>:
> :
> : | when running SBCL and a condition occurs that causes a break, how
> : | can I view the locals that have been bound in the function?
> :
> : Place the cursor on the desired line in the backtrace and hit return.
>
> I thought only arguments to the function, not locals (let, m-v-b, etc) bound
> in the function would appear.  Am I wrong?

It depends on the compiler policy; SBCL records information on local
variables on (DEBUG 2) and higher. On the other hand, variables used
only once or not used at all are optimized away.

--
Regards,
Alexey Dejneka

"Alas, the spheres of truth are less transparent than those of
illusion." -- L.E.J. Brouwer