[slime-devel] Re: How to inspect locals

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Wed Mar 8 19:39:41 UTC 2006

Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> writes:

> I thought only arguments to the function, not locals (let, m-v-b, etc) bound
> in the function would appear.  Am I wrong?

That depends on the debug level -- and the optimizations the compiler
does. Generally speaking DEBUG 2 and using the variable more then once
should make the variable visible in the debugger.

Eg.

(defun foo (x)
  (declare (optimize (debug 2)))
  (let ((y (1+ x)))
    (break)
    (cons y y)))

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."