[slime-devel] Output from Lisp to slime-repl

Lynn Quam quam at ai.sri.com
Mon Jul 17 19:00:27 UTC 2006

I am attempting to better integrate the use of the SLIME REPL with my
application.

I have an event loop that listens for tcl/tk events and dispatches
to Lisp event handlers.  Some of the event handlers would like to
insert "results" into the *slime-repl* buffer and bind *, + and /
in the same manner as is done in swank::listener-eval.

What is the "proper" way to do this with swank? I have tried to use
swank:send-to-emacs, but Emacs is not expecting to see the (:present
...) forms that I send.

The following seems to work, but there might be a better way:

  (swank:eval-in-emacs
     '(slime-repl-eval-string "(swank::get-freedius-repl-output)")

where SWANK::GET-FREEDIUS-REPL-OUTPUT returns the multiple-values
that I want to appear in the *slime-repl* buffer.