[slime-devel] Isolating small behavior changes

Bill Clementson billclem at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 18:48:03 UTC 2006

On 12/19/06, Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at freebsd-uk.eu.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 10:13:40AM -0800, Bill Clementson wrote:
> : My system is OSX-PPC, aquamacs, sbcl 1.0, cvs slime (just did cvs up).
> : I don't get the slime scratch window on startup, just the repl (which
> : is the behaviour that I've always gotten); so, unless this is an
> : Intel-specific problem, it would appear to be something in your
> : emacs/slime config that is causing the behaviour that you're seeing.
> :
> : Is the second window that you're seeing the emacs scratch buffer or
> : the slime scratch buffer and what window was being displayed prior to
> : your starting slime?
>
> It's the emacs scratch buffer.  I can start emacs, type text in the scratch
> buffer, then M-x slime.  The frame splits into 2 windows.  The top window is
> the same scratch buffer that was there at startup, the bottom window is
> *slime-repl sbcl*.

Ah, ok, that's different then. I thought you were getting a scratch
buffer displayed when one hadn't been visible previously. What you are
seeing is standard behaviour in Aquamacs. You can see the same
behaviour with both slime and shell buffers. A number of people have
complained about it in the past, but I think it's been present in
aquamacs for at least the last couple of releases. It would be better
if you took this issue to the aquamacs developers mailing list if you
want it "fixed", as it's not a slime problem.

--
Bill Clementson