[slime-devel] Isolating small behavior changes

Geoff Wozniak geoff at wozniak.ca
Tue Dec 19 19:10:01 UTC 2006

On 19-Dec-06, at 1:13 PM, Bill Clementson wrote:

> My system is OSX-PPC, aquamacs, sbcl 1.0, cvs slime (just did cvs up).
> I don't get the slime scratch window on startup, just the repl (which
> is the behaviour that I've always gotten); so, unless this is an
> Intel-specific problem, it would appear to be something in your
> emacs/slime config that is causing the behaviour that you're seeing.

I have the same setup, except under OSX-Intel, and I get the same
behaviour as Bill.  M-x slime starts the REPL but I don't see the
Slime scratch buffer unless I do M-x slime-scratch.  However, I start
Slime when I start Aquamacs, and after Slime starts, the frame in
which slime resides has two windows: the Emacs *scratch* buffer and
the Slime REPL.

I adjusted my setup to have only one window in the frame by making
this the last thing in my ~/.emacs:

   (when (slime) (delete-other-windows))

May not be the most robust approach, but it sounds like it may
correct the minor annoyance.

--
Geoff