[slime-devel] Isolating small behavior changes

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Tue Dec 19 17:17:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 06:01:27PM +0100, Attila Lendvai wrote:
: >Specifically, after compiling a system, a window opens showing the compiler
: >messages.  This window used to close with just a 'q' keystroke.  This no
: >longer works the same way.  I'd like to restore the old behavior.
: >
: >Would someone point me in the right direction?
:
: this is a bug. temp buffer windows should close unless the window
: configuration changed since they were opened.
:
: if i can reproduce it then i may be able to fix it. could you be
: please more specific? how do you compile the system? when i (asdf:oos
: 'asdf:load-op :foo) then no window pops up for me.

Perhaps I've mistaken the bug.  Starting SLIME now opens a scratch window and
buffer, and I don't think it did before.  It used to have a full-size window
showing all REPL output.  But now it splits the window into a scratch window
and the REPL.  That means the compiler output goes into the scratch window,
which will not close with a Q keystroke.  If I close the scratch window
after slime starts but before loading the system, the problem does not occur.

Is the newly opened scratch window a feature I missed?

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.