[slime-devel] Re: Important bug fix in CVS Emacs ...

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Wed Mar 16 00:34:31 UTC 2005

David Steuber <david at david-steuber.com> writes:

> On Mar 14, 2005, at 3:32 PM, Frank Goenninger DG1SBG wrote:
>
>> Peter,
>>
>> Am 14.03.2005 um 03:35 schrieb Peter Seibel:
>>
>>> As of a couple days ago, after I reported the bug on behalf of SLIMErs
>>> everywhere, CVS HEAD of GNU Emacs got fixed so animate is now back to
>>> it's usual zippy self so the SLIME startup looks cool again!
>>
>> Just updated Emacs from CVS on Mac OS X. I still see the weird
>> behavior for /animate/ ...
>> So - no, unfortunately not for me. Someone else still having the
>> same effect ?
>
> I updated and built GNU Emacs from CVS today and it is working for me
> now.  In fact the animation seems zippier than I remember it being.
>
> I always build the same way:
>
> make clean
> ./configure --with-carbon --without-x --prefix=/usr
> make bootstrap
>
> Apart from --prefix, are you doing something different?

Yeah. I usually do make extraclean and then build the installer in the
mac directory. But last night I noticed that even after a 'make
extraclean' there were still .elc files around. So I reconfigured and
did 'make maintainer-clean' and then rebuilt. Now the animation seems
to be fixed for me too.

Frank, can you make sure that you're starting from a completely clean,
up-to-date tree and rebuild?

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                     peter at gigamonkeys.com