[slime-devel] Important bug fix in CVS Emacs ...

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Tue Mar 15 02:50:36 UTC 2005

On Mar 14, 2005, at 3:32 PM, Frank Goenninger DG1SBG wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Am 14.03.2005 um 03:35 schrieb Peter Seibel:
>
>> As of a couple days ago, after I reported the bug on behalf of SLIMErs
>> everywhere, CVS HEAD of GNU Emacs got fixed so animate is now back to
>> it's usual zippy self so the SLIME startup looks cool again!
>
> Just updated Emacs from CVS on Mac OS X. I still see the weird
> behavior for /animate/ ...
> So - no, unfortunately not for me. Someone else still having the same
> effect ?

I updated and built GNU Emacs from CVS today and it is working for me
now.  In fact the animation seems zippier than I remember it being.

I always build the same way:

make clean
./configure --with-carbon --without-x --prefix=/usr
make bootstrap

Apart from --prefix, are you doing something different?

I'm using Xcode 1.5 on OS X 10.3.8 btw.