[slime-devel] *sldb* fails to rebind printer control variables

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Oct 17 22:06:10 UTC 2004

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:

>   No methods applicable for generic function # with args # of classes #
>      [Condition of type PROGRAM-ERROR]

Hehe, I really botched it.

> which is not very helpful. I also can't seem to find these new
> variables you're talking about. Where are they and where am I supposed
> to set them?

The variables are created by the define-printer-variables macro and
are concatenated from the prefix `sldb-print' and `level', `length'
etc.  ~/.swank.lisp is probably a good place to set those variables.

I wrongly had used `sldb' as prefix, but there was already a
*sldb-level* variable which is something like 1 or 0, so you didn't
see anything.

Should be fixed now.