[slime-devel] *sldb* fails to rebind printer control variables

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun Oct 17 21:35:38 UTC 2004

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:15:29 +0200, Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> I added a bunch of *sldb-print-{level,circular..}* variables and the
> debugger uses them to binds the correspond *print-{level..}*.
>
> Let's see if people like the new default settings.

I now get (AllegroCL 7.0beta) message that look like

  No methods applicable for generic function # with args # of classes #
     [Condition of type PROGRAM-ERROR]

  Restarts:
    0: [CONTINUE] Try calling it again
    1: [ABORT] Abort handling SLIME request.
    2: [ABORT] Abort entirely from this (lisp) process.

  Backtrace:
    0: (SWANK::DEBUG-IN-EMACS #)
    1: (#)
    2: (SWANK:SWANK-DEBUGGER-HOOK # #)
    3: (CERROR "Try calling it again" PROGRAM-ERROR :FORMAT-CONTROL "No methods applicable for generic function ~s with args ~s of classes ~s" :FORMAT-ARGUMENTS #)
    5: (# #)
    6: (# #)
    7: (# #)
    8: (# #)

which is not very helpful. I also can't seem to find these new
variables you're talking about. Where are they and where am I supposed
to set them?

Thanks,
Edi.